Tune In This Wednesday
What's the Deal with Signals?
Ryan has done more to help popularize the concept of signals than anyone else, even going as far as calling himself the "CEO of Signals" and in the past providing a tongue-in-cheek Twitter profile reminding people that he didn't actually invent the concept.
You've likely heard about the coming conversational AI apocalypse that's going to take your job, ruin democracy, and then kill all humans. Personally I don't think it's quite that dire (yet) and developers should actually embrace our new robot overlords. This article gives a good review of how programmers can get a lift from ChatGPT.
WordPress and performance are not two terms that you usually hear together, but the team recently put out a roadmap that covers their plans for how to make performance a priority for WordPress websites. (Hat tip to Henri Helvetica for the share.)
This week we're highlighting How to View and React without a Head, from Storyblok Developer Advocate Facundo Giuliani. He discusses the key features of any Headless CMS and how we can integrate a headless platform into our React applications.
- Brian Rinaldi joined Shoptalk for every Jamstack fan's favorite activity, endlessly debating the meaning of the term "Jamstack."
- For more info about ChatGPT check out AI and Coding with ChatGPT by Wes and Scott on Syntax.
- Scott Spence detailed how to Understand Svelte and Ramp Up from React on the Modern Web podcast.
- Alexander Lichter joined PodRocket to give the rundown on Nuxt in 2023.
- Lastly, Steve Sewell talked about Visual Coding Languages on Syntax.
One More Thing
But keep in mind you don't need to learn everything in this video at once. Start at the beginning and just learn the essentials without worrying about the advanced material. And for the seasoned pro, you can get a sense for what important trends are upcoming and how to stay at the top of your field.