Tune In This Wednesday
Last week we had the honor of welcoming Matt Biilmann and Ryan Carniato to speak about the heavily discussed acquisition of Gatsby by Netlify which we’ll discuss further in the next section.
But they eventually grew apart as Gatsby built their own custom deployment platform. However, now they’ve reunited and will be combining their efforts, particularly around the Valhalla Content Hub which could potentially serve as a replacement for the soon-to-be sunset Netlify Graph.
TanStack Query maintainer Dominik (TkDodo online) gives his thoughts on why React is not dying despite what you may have heard from some thought leaders on Twitter.
- Stage 4: Change Array by Copy, Intl.NumberFormat V3, Symbols as WeakMap keys
- Stage 3: ArrayBuffer transfer
- Stage 2: Import Assertions, Intl era/monthCode, Symbol Predicates
- Stage 1: Async Context, Proto pollution mitigation
If you’re not familiar with the standards body’s particular lingo, check out Introducing All Stages of the TC39 Process.
After Theo Browne lit up the conversation around React’s official documentation including a recommendation for create-react-app, Dan Abramov has responded with a thorough explanation for why CRA exists at all.
Last year, Remix announced they had been acquired by Shopify. This raised a lot of questions about how the framework would interact with Shopify’s own React meta-framework, Hydrogen. The Hydrogen team has now officially released a roadmap that outlines the future of the framework which includes pivoting entirely to Remix.
- Miško Hevery joins JS Party to talk about why Qwik has just the right amount of magic.
- In another Qwik centric episode, Shai Reznik joins the Modern Web podcast to talk about Making Your Websites ”Qwik”.
- Syntax.fm dedicates a full episode to improving performance called Polish and Perf.
- To round out a series of performance heavy episodes, Tobia Koppers explains TurboPack and Webpack on devtools.fm.